Saturday, December 20, 2008

Another day clean

I am heading out to my home group to celebrate my 24 years. It's a special occasion, as are all anniversaries. I grateful I got clean, grateful I stayed clean, but most of all today I am grateful that I still look forward to going to meetings.

I hit the 10 p.m. meeting last night, which was loaded with newcomers. If I could have given them one piece of advice, and I could give them several, it would be, "Meeting makers make it."

Early on, I stayed clean because a few people took an interest in crazy me and made sure I kept coming back. They listened to me when the service gurus (and these guys were doing service, too, only in a quiet way) were too busy or important to listen to my blathering.

Perhaps someday I can repay NA for what it has given me. To date, I haven't even made a dent in it.

I hope you have a great weekend and a wonderful holiday if I don't blog until then.

5 comments:

Shadow said...

24 years?!?!??! whooooohoooooo. and a merry christmas to you too.

Syd said...

That's great to have 24 years. I'm glad that you are there for others to see that there is hope. Have a great holiday.

Unknown said...

24 years all done by 24 hours at a time...wow! Happy Birthday and happy Christmas too! I hope it's all wonderful and can't wait to hear more.

G

Akannie said...

Congrats on your anniversary!! Happy Solstice too!!

Anonymous said...

Hola my friend,

A blessed Christmas to you and to your loved ones.

Greetings and lots of love from Malaysia.

~ ArahMan7