Sunday, April 16, 2006

Dogs and recovery

After two decades in recovery and a liver transplant last year, my life is pretty simple--I get up and let the dogs out; plug in my coffee (a percolator, not a drip); turn on the national news; open the shades to let in the beautiful Arizona sun; and check my email. I tend to view life as I think my dogs do:

**Is it time to eat yet?
**Hey, how come the lid's down on the toilet?
**Can we go for a ride in the car?
**Do you think we need to go check the post office box again?
**Hey, got any snackies?
**Who is that driving up the road?
**Is it nap time?
**Which chair is better for napping, the big orange one or the rocker?

I'm a writer, but finding an agent to represent my daily meditation book (with a book on risk management on the back burner) is hard. They all send very polite letters telling me that they "just don't see the commercial prospects."

Oh well, I'm not complaining; I know God hasn't brought me this far to drop me on my head. Somewhere out there is the perfect agent/press for me. I keep slugging away.

No comments: