Monday, July 17, 2006

Release from care

"It is a fellowship in Alcoholics Anonymous. There you will find release from care, boredom and worry. Your imagination will be fired. Life will mean something at last. The most satisfactory years of your existence lie ahead. Thus we find the fellowship, and so will you.

Alcoholics Anonymous, pg. 152

When I am down or worried, I always find hope in our literature. I think the Big Book was God-inspired and each time I read it, I so clearly see the hand He had in creating it. It is full of inspiration and shows us the way to a completely new way of life.

As the turmoil in the Middle East rages, I am stunned by a few things. No one is talking about it, except, of course, the media. The church I attend is a Bible church and the minister, who gave a great sermon yesterday on freedom, did not say one word about the conflict. Am I the only one who feels that we are on a perilous abyss? Today I'll spend some time blogging through political blogs to determine just that.

My brother and I chatted by email this morning and on one thing we agree --we are on the verge of WWIII and there are no great leaders on the horizon who can lead us through this.

Amid this turmoil, my hope for calm lies with God and in the Fellowship. If I remember that, I am okay.

No comments: