Saturday, September 30, 2006

God's time, not my time

I had a second interview last week for a job I think I would have liked. The interviews went great and I was in the three final candidates. Friday I learned I didn't get the job.

I was disappointed, yes. But the Program has given me an ability to see the Big Picture, which is that God is often preparing something better than I could have planned myself. So, despite this disappointment, and I admit I was a bit rattled by their decision (always the bridesmaid; never the bride), I didn't let it get me down for long. God is either everything or He's nothing. Today I believe He is everything.

I'm heading up north today to my Arizona home to declutter and move. Since I got clean, I've been a collector. When I got sick last year I had a realization. You really can't take it with you. I am getting rid of things that don't mean something to me, giving them away, putting them on Ebay. Maybe this is just another phase in my post-transplant journey.

No comments: