Saturday, August 19, 2006

Painting

Today we worked painting my kitchen. It seems like I've been painting non-stop since last December, which is pretty much true. I spent the winter in Arizona, moving into my home there after tenants, who were wildebeests, moved out. It took four months of non-stop work to clean up after them. I'm not clear if people only treat your property the horrid way they do or, if they owned anything, they'd treat their own home that way, too. Anyway, after months of fixing it up, I moved back to Missouri only to be faced with cleaning up a second house. I'm not complaining; it just feels like my middle name is "Kilz."

I went to a women's meeting this morning and tonight we're going to our home group. Every third Saturday my homegroup has a potluck. Tonight a friend of ours is barbecuing so I'm looking forward to it, because I think his barbecue is about the best I've ever had. As much as I love animals, I still like meat. Maybe someday I'll progress beyond eating meat, but until then, my arteries will just have to fend for themselves.

If you want a laugh, hit this website www.trunkmonkey.com. Watch the Trunk Monkey videos, hilarious advertising spoofs complete with chimpanzees. Well, boys and girls, I've got to run. I have paint in my hair and all over my hands so I'd better go take care of it. Ciao for now.

No comments: