Monday, August 14, 2006

Take the Color Quiz

I know, you probably don't believe in psychology quizzes. You know, the "Answer these Twenty Questions to Determine the Real You," or "How Your Lipstick Wears Shows Your Personality Type" (I have to admit, that one nailed me too!), as if you don't get up every morning, look in the mirror and say, "Oh, it's you again."

I'm a skeptic, too, so I was doubtful when I saw a link last week to another bunch of tests online and decided to take one. I took the "Color Quiz" and the results really hit home. I sent the results to my s/o, who was pretty freaked out by the accuracy. Then he took it, and it nailed him, too. So I sent it to my brother, and he wrote back "I took it years ago. It nailed me then and it just nailed me again now." (Boy, I'm using that word "nailed" a lot; I wonder what that means? Perhaps there's a "What Using the World "Nailed" Says About You" quiz online.)

The quiz was developed in part based on research done in the early 1900s by Max Luscher, according to the Color Quiz website. The website explains more than I care to, so if you'd like to take the test, and it only takes about two minutes, go to www.colorquiz.com. You can read more about the test there. Apparently it's widely used for pre-employment and other testing in Europe.

It's worth the time. I'd be interested to read your results in the comments section. Is it bunk or bonanza? Remember, anyone can comment but until I okay the comments (to avoid the diatribes like those that flooded me over my "Vote for Kinky" blog entry awhile back), they won't appear on screen. Just click the comments section at the bottom of this blog entry.

Here were some of my results. For those who know me, what say you? I can take it, fire away.

My Existing Situation

"Working to create a firm foundation on which to erect a secure, comfortable and problem-free future where she will be granted recognition and respect."

My Stress

Feels trapped and powerless to remedy it. Angry and disgruntled [irritable and discontent?] doubting she will be able to achieve the goals and frustrated almost to the point of nervous prostration. Wants to get away, feel less restricted and free to make her own decisions.

My Restrained Characteristics

Demanding and particular in her relations with her partner or those close to her, but careful to avoid open conflict since this might reduce her prospects of realizing her hopes and ideas. Wants to broaden her field of activity, insisting they are realistic. Needs both peaceful conditions and quiet reassurances to restore her confidence. Inclined to be emotionally withdrawn which prevents her from becoming deeply involved.

My Objective

Wishes to win support by her charm and amiability. Sentimental, needs to feel identified with someone or something.

My Problem

Seeks to avoid criticism and to prevent restriction of her freedom to act, to decide for herself by the exercise of great personal charm in her dealings with others.

My Other Problem

Depleted vitality has created intolerance for further demands on her resources. This feeling of powerlessness agitates her and causes acute distress. Attempts to escape into a substitute world in which things are more nearly as she desires them to be.

Until tomorrow, loyal readers, take it one day at a time. Color me gone.

No comments: