Thursday, August 10, 2006

This is taking the 9th step a bit too far

Group apologizes for taking three years worth of Taco Bell sauces

A group of 10-to-15 masked individuals entered a Taco Bell in Grant County, IN on Tuesday to return a three-year stash of fire sauce packets, police reported. The group returned six 40-gallon trash bags filled with approximately 25,000 packets. With the stash was a note stating that the group had been accumulating the sauces over three past years and kept them stored in the trunk of a vehicle, but felt guilty about keeping them and decided to return them to the restaurant.
This is what is considered news in Indiana, I guess, or at least this was reported in the Marion Chronicle. This is not such a great idea for a 9th Step, however, because the step clearly states ". . . except when to do so would injure them or others." I don't know about you, but I don't want to eat my crunchy taco with sauce that been stored in the trunk of a car for three years. Hopefully, the Taco Bell managers have enough sense to discard the sauce rather than recycling it. And as for group amends, well, that's a new one on me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It took me all day but I finally see some humor in this. I think it's because it has stimulated my mind to picture my friend "Chicken Dave" finding all this loot while he is plundering through a dumpster.