Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Synchronicity

Remember that saying "It's always darkest before dawn"? It always seems true in my life, at least, and this past month has been no exception. I haven't been blogging much because I've been keeping my head down and putting one foot in front of the other.

As I said the other day, I began doing the footwork to start my own business. In doing so I called an old attorney pal of mine to catch up on Missouri legislative changes since I've been so out of it and he asked what I was doing. Since I hadn't spoken to him for several years, we caught up on things (the transplant and its aftermath one item), then he asked me if I was looking for a job.

He had a client that was looking for someone in Missouri to work out of their home to roll out a new risk management program, which fits my background. So he emailed me the contact, I said "what the heck," and emailed my resume. Two days later, one of the managers called me to talk about my background. A few hours later, their personnel department called to see if I was available to fly up to Detroit on Monday. "Let me check my calendar. Oh, yes, I have a nail appointment that I might be able to move," I thought.

God works when God works; I always need to remember that. They may not offer me the job or I may not want it. But it's a clear message from my Higher Power that He will make me uniquely useful in his time, not necessarily mine.

No comments: